Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
What are the common materials used in chain couplings?
Chain couplings are commonly made from various materials that offer the necessary strength, durability, and wear resistance required for transmitting torque between shafts. The choice of materials depends on factors such as the application requirements, operating conditions, and the specific design of the coupling. Here are some common materials used in chain couplings:
- Steel: Steel is one of the most widely used materials for chain couplings. It offers excellent strength, toughness, and resistance to wear and fatigue. Carbon steel and alloy steel are commonly used, with alloy steel providing enhanced properties such as higher tensile strength and improved corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is chosen for chain couplings when corrosion resistance is a critical requirement. It offers good mechanical properties along with resistance to rust and corrosion, making it suitable for applications in harsh environments or where exposure to moisture or chemicals is present.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is occasionally used for chain couplings, particularly in applications where cost-effectiveness and moderate strength are important factors. Cast iron provides good wear resistance and can withstand moderate loads and operating conditions.
- Bronze: Bronze is utilized in certain specialized chain couplings, especially in applications where self-lubrication and high resistance to corrosion are required. Bronze has good friction properties and can operate in conditions where lubrication may be limited or unavailable.
- Plastics: In some cases, certain plastics, such as nylon or polyurethane, are used for chain coupling components like chain guides or protective covers. Plastics offer low friction, noise reduction, and resistance to chemicals, making them suitable for specific applications.
It’s important to note that the materials used in chain couplings may vary depending on the specific manufacturer, coupling design, and application requirements. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines to determine the appropriate materials for a particular chain coupling.
Additionally, in some cases, chain couplings may incorporate a combination of different materials, such as steel for the sprockets and roller chain, and elastomers for the flexible elements. This hybrid construction allows for optimized performance, balancing strength, flexibility, and damping characteristics.
Overall, the selection of materials for chain couplings is crucial to ensure reliable and efficient power transmission while considering factors such as load capacity, operating conditions, and the desired service life of the coupling.
Can chain couplings accommodate angular misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of angular misalignment between the connected shafts. Angular misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and form an angle with each other.
Chain couplings are flexible in nature, and their design allows for some degree of angular displacement. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can bend and adjust to a certain extent to accommodate the misalignment. This flexibility helps to reduce the stress on the coupling components and allows for smoother operation even in the presence of angular misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of angular misalignment. Excessive angular misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the angular misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also essential to identify and address any misalignment issues. If significant angular misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken, such as realigning the shafts or considering alternative coupling options that are better suited for the specific misalignment requirements.
It is worth mentioning that chain couplings are more tolerant of angular misalignment compared to some other types of couplings, such as rigid or gear couplings. However, it is still important to strive for proper alignment during installation and minimize any excessive misalignment to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
What are the advantages of using chain couplings?
Flexible and Reliable Connection: Chain couplings provide a flexible and reliable connection between rotating shafts. They can accommodate misalignment between the shafts, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignments. This flexibility helps to reduce stress on the shafts and bearings, resulting in smoother operation and extended equipment lifespan.
High Torque Capacity: Chain couplings are capable of transmitting high torque loads. The positive engagement between the sprocket teeth and the chain rollers allows for efficient power transfer, making them suitable for applications that require the transmission of substantial rotational forces.
Mechanical Protection: Chain couplings act as mechanical protection by providing a breakable link in the power transmission system. In case of sudden overloads or jams in the system, the chain can break, preventing damage to the machinery components. This feature helps to protect expensive equipment and minimizes downtime for repairs.
Misalignment Compensation: Chain couplings can compensate for misalignment between the connected shafts. They can tolerate angular misalignment, where the shafts are not perfectly aligned at an angle, parallel misalignment, where the shafts are offset from each other, and axial misalignment, which refers to displacement along the axis of the shafts. This ability to accommodate misalignment helps to prevent excessive stress and premature wear on the shafts and bearings.
Wide Range of Applications: Chain couplings are versatile and find applications in various industries and machinery. They are used in conveyors, pumps, crushers, mixers, industrial drives, and many other systems. The ability to handle different torque requirements, speed variations, and misalignment conditions makes chain couplings suitable for a wide range of power transmission needs.
Easy Maintenance: Chain couplings are relatively easy to maintain. Regular lubrication of the chain and sprockets helps to reduce friction and wear, ensuring smooth operation and extending the life of the coupling. Maintenance tasks such as chain tensioning and inspection can be carried out without requiring complex tools or specialized training.
In summary, the advantages of using chain couplings include their flexible and reliable connection, high torque capacity, ability to compensate for misalignment, mechanical protection, wide range of applications, and ease of maintenance. These features make chain couplings a preferred choice in various industries where efficient power transmission and reliable operation are vital.
editor by CX 2023-08-11